With a reported 30 inches of new snow at the Ski Area in Steamboat Springs, it’s difficult to believe that the opportunity to tune up our homes for winter hasn’t passed. However, these 12 fall-winter maintenance tips are still reasonable to persue, in spite of the weather. Thanks to Pat Mertz Esswein for this article from Kiplinger and follow the link for the complete article.
1. Tune up your heating system.
2. Reverse your ceiling fans.
3. Prevent ice dams.
4. Inspect the roof.
5. Caulk around windows and doors.
6. Clean the gutters.
7. Divert water away from the foundation.
8. Turn off exterior faucets.
9. Blow out your lawn irrigation system.
10. Test your sump pump.
11. Get your chimneys cleaned.
12. Don’t wait to long…oops we already have!